When using a Fargo HDP5000 printer, the error code “ribbon has misqued” may display on the LCD screen. Following are the steps you need to take to fix the error and resume printing.
1. Go to the computer print driver.
2. Go to the printing preferences option.
3. Select Card Tab.
4. Go to the tool box.
5. Select Calibrate Ribbon and follow the directions provided.
6. Begin printing your cards.
For information about the Fargo HDP5000 printersor other Fargo printers, contact us for a free consultation at 888-485-4696.
Safe-Card ID presents a video illustrating how to install a manual card feeder on the Evolis Dualys 3 ID card printer.
How to install a manual card feeder in your Evolis Dualys.
1. Remove the card hopper.
2. Adjusts the card thickness gauge to 40 ml.
3. Insert the manual card feeder.
4. Go to the print driver.
5. Adjust the source tray and output tray to manual hopper.
7. Insert the card.
8. Print the card.
For further assistance, contact one of our technicians at 704-535-5200; we look forward to hearing from you!
The new Badgy ID card printer is the newest plastic card printer in the Evolis family of card printers. The printer is a end to end solution to print badges yourself when you need less than 200 badges per year. The printer will print full-color plastic id cards that includes photos and text. The printer package comes with 100 card count print ribbon and cards, card template options, software and a 300 dpi printer.
Following are the items included in the Badgy printer system:
100 card print ribbon
100 PVC cards
This printer comes with a one year printer warranty.
Our recommendation is to consider the benefits of the Evolis Tattoo 2 ID card printer prior to purchasing the Badgy printer. For similar pricing, the Tattoo 2 printer offers a two year manufacturer warranty. The Tattoo printer has a better print quality and also provides options to use a higher level software for increased security and functional use of the id card.
For details about either the Evolis Badgy printer or the Evolis Tattoo 2 ID card printer, contact our ID card specialists at 888-485-4696.
SafeCard ID presents a new video demonstrating how to clean the printhead in the Evolis Dualys 3 ID card printer.
How to clean the printhead in your Evolis Dualys 3 id card printer.
1. Unplug the power supply.
2. Open the top cover.
3. Take a cleaning swab and break the vial allowing the fluid to run down to the swab.
4. Wipe the swab back and forth across the printhead.
5. Close the top cover.
6. Plug back in the power supply. This will reset the printer and ribbon for your next print job.
Asure ID 2009 is the new release beginning today of the popular Asure ID card software. The card personalization software provides id card issuers with a new interface and a complete package of custom card printing options.
The software is easy to learn and is full of features that will provide capabilities of card issuance and card management for both small and large organizations.
Simple IDs or highly secure smart cards can be issued with easy using the new interface. The software is built onf Microsoft .NET technology to increase stability and interoperability.
There are four editions of the software with increased levels of capability.
* Asure ID Solo™ – Intuitive, entry-level card personalization software.
* Asure ID Express™ – Easy-to-use, standalone card personalization software.
* Asure ID Enterprise™ – Networkable edition allows multiple workstations to share a common database.
* Asure ID Exchange™ – Designed for sophisticated secure credential applications, this networkable edition provides advanced smart card functionally.
Download the Asure ID 2009 Brochure.
For further information about id card software or id card printer systems, contact our id card experts toll free at 888-485-4696.
SafeCard ID presents a new video demonstrating how to clean the card cleaning roller in the Evolis Dualys 3 ID card printer.
How to clean the card cleaning roller
1. Open the top cover.
2. Remove the print ribbon.
3. Remove the cleaning roller located under where the print ribbon was.
4. Wipe the roller with the wipes from your card cleaning kit. If no kit is available, use warm water and soap.
5. Remove dust and lint from the cleaning roller.
6. Replace the cleaning roller in the printer.
7. Replace the print ribbon.
8. Close the top cover.
It is important to clean your id card printer for optimal performance. Although printers do not require an extreme amount of maintenance, the printers do need to reside in a clean area and have clean components for best printing results.
An easy way to maintain the printer is to obtain and use a cleaning kit that is manufactured for your specific printer. The correct cleaning kit contains cleaning swabs or pens, cleaning cards and cleaning pads that will not harm the components of the id card printer. By following the cleaning recommendations in the printer’s owner manual, the life of the printer will be extended and the manufacturer’s warranty requirements will be met.
Some printers will provide a prompt to clean the printer. Other printers have a manufacturer recommendation to clean the printer at each ribbon change. Follow the directions in the manufacturer’s printer manual to correctly clean the printer.
Find the manufacturer recommended id card printer cleaning kit in our shopping cart.