If you look at an id card after it has been printed and you see a fine, straight white line running the long length of the card, there is a problem with the id card printer printhead. The printhead has been damaged or has burnt out.
Most often replacement of the printhead is required to be able to remove the white line from future id card print jobs. Prior to purchase, check to see if the printhead is still under manufacturer’s warranty. Quality printer manufacturers often replace their printer printheads for a certain amount of time after purhcase. The printhead may be able to be replaced without cost.
For more information about quality id card printers, visit our home page at www.safecardid.com.
When you install your Evolis id card printer for the first time, it is recommended that you print a test card. This PVC card will run through your printer in the same manner as your id cards and will provide technical information about your printer. The card will contain the model number and serial number as well as other information that may be needed in the future.
Here are the steps to producing the test card.
1. Install a print ribbon in the printer and put blank PVC cards into the printer feeder.
2. Make sure the printer is turned off. The green indicator light will be off.
3. Gently push on the green light on the control panel until it flashes.
4. Push the green button for a few seconds.
5. The test card will print and eject from the printer into the hopper.
6. Save the test card with your printer documentation.
For a free consultation regarding Evolis printers, give our id card experts a call at 888-485-4696. Not ready yet? For more detailed information about Evolis ID card printers, visit our Evolis Tattoo, Evolis Pebble, Evolis Dualys, Evolis Quantum or Evolis Securion product pages.
The following steps will make loading PVC cards into an Evolis ID card printer with a card feeder a breeze:
1. Gently press on the sides of the card feeder to lift it out of the printer.
2. Turn over the card feeder to access the bottom of the feeder.
3. Drop the plate and insert the number of cards needed to place in the printer.
4. Adjust the handle from right to left to make sure that the correct thickness of the cards will run through the machine.
5. Place the card feeder back into the printer.
6. When the feeder is snapped back into the printer correctly, you will hear a click.
7. Print PVC cards per your badge design.
For more information about Evolis ID card printers, visit our Evolis Tattoo, Evolis Pebble, Evolis Dualys, Evolis Quantum or Evolis Securion product pages. For a free consultation regarding what printer would be the best fit for your application, contact us toll free at 888-485-4696.
Evolis, manufacturer of the Pebble4 and Dualys3 PVC ID card printers, extended the manufacturer’s warranty for these two printer models by an additional year. Both card printers now come with a three year manufacturer warranty. The warranty applies to all components of the Pebble4 and Dualys3 card printers, including the printhead for any number of prints during the time frame.
For assistance with manufacturer warranty issues from our Evolis printers, including the Pebble or Dualys, contact our technical assistance through our toll free telephone lines at 888-485-4696.