Steps to setting up a MySQL database for Asure ID 2009
1. Have your SQL database administrator create a database instance for Asure ID 2009 to use. The administrator needs to grant full read/write privileges for the security setting for this database instance.
2. The SQL database adminstrator needs to run the table creation script. Normally you will find this script in C:\Program Files\HID Global\Asure ID 2009\Scripts
3. Once the script has been run to create the tables, Asure ID 2009 can now be connected to the database.
4. Under the start menu, choose the “Data Connection Wizard”. To do this, go to your All Programs option down by your start function. Choose HID Global. Select Asure ID 2009. Then, select Data Connection Wizard.
5. Follow the attached screens to use the wizard.
Click next to continue setting up the customer database configuration for Asure 2009in your screen shot as shown below.
b. Next the wizard will need to confirm the type of custom database Asure ID 2009 will connect to. In this case, choose “Microsoft SQL Server” and click “Next”
c. Next is the general data connect window for SQL Server. Under “Server Name” the name of the SQL Server needs to be entered. Then, under “Initial Catalog” the place the name of the Database Instance that the SQL Database Administrator set up for Asure ID 2009 to use. For the “User Name and Password” use the information the SQL Database Admin set up. It can either be a specified user name
and password or it can be set up to “Use Integrated Security” which means that who ever logged on to the computer could access it. Once it is all filled out, click “Next”.
d. The wizard is now complete. You can click the “Test” button to test the connection to the SQL Database.
e. Click “Finish” to exit the wizard.
The log in for Asure 2009 now that it is connected to the SQL Database is:
User Name: admin
Free trial download of Asure ID 2009 ID Card Software is now available.
Additional information about Asure ID 2009 ID Card Software is available from our website or our ID card experts.