Many companies and groups require a few id cards here and there for new members or for replacement. Often costs associated with obtaining and maintaining the necessary equipment to make badges in house are more than finding a professional id badge company to provide this service. ID card companies, such as Safe-Card ID, provide a service bureau that provides custom id cards for small organizations that wish to outsource this function.
To make a badge that will meet the requirements of the organization, the designer who provides the professional look and feel of the badge will need to know answers to the following questions to layout the best design for the group.
1. Will the card need full color photos and logos?
2. Does the card need to be printed on both sides?
3. Will the card be used for visual identification?
4. Will the card need capabilities to be read by a scanner for access?
5. Will the badge be worn or carried in a wallet?
6. Will the badge be exposed to harsh conditions?
7. What is the expected lifespan of the badge before replacement?
8. Will the badge need to be highly secure and have security features embedded?
For additional information about custom id card processes, contact our id card experts at 888-485-4696.