When you install your Evolis id card printer for the first time, it is recommended that you print a test card. This PVC card will run through your printer in the same manner as your id cards and will provide technical information about your printer. The card will contain the model number and serial number as well as other information that may be needed in the future.
Here are the steps to producing the test card.
1. Install a print ribbon in the printer and put blank PVC cards into the printer feeder.
2. Make sure the printer is turned off. The green indicator light will be off.
3. Gently push on the green light on the control panel until it flashes.
4. Push the green button for a few seconds.
5. The test card will print and eject from the printer into the hopper.
6. Save the test card with your printer documentation.
For a free consultation regarding Evolis printers, give our id card experts a call at 888-485-4696. Not ready yet? For more detailed information about Evolis ID card printers, visit our Evolis Tattoo, Evolis Pebble, Evolis Dualys, Evolis Quantum or Evolis Securion product pages.