To keep your Evolis printer running smoothly, it is recommended that the internal parts of the printer be cleaned about every 1,000 prints. The cleaning light will light on the printer when the recommended cards have run through the printer and cleaning is due. Following are the recommended steps to clean the ID card printers.
1. Turn the printer on.
2. Open the printer cover.
3. Remove the print ribbon.
4. Close the cover.
5. Open a new Evolis cleaning card.
6. Remove PVC cards from the card feeder and insert the cleaning card into the feeder.
7. Adjust the card thickness to the maximum position.
8. Place the feeder back into the printer.
9. Press the green button on the control panel for a few seconds and the cleaning will begin.
10. The cleaning card will eject.
For more information about Evolis ID card printers, visit our Evolis Tattoo, Evolis Pebble, Evolis Dualys, Evolis Quantum or Evolis Securion product pages. For a free consultation regarding what printer would be the best fit for your application, contact us toll free at 888-485-4696.