If you are using a Fargo ID card printer and receive a “wrong ribbon” error on your printer LCD screen or computer monitor, follow the directions below to change the printer driver settings.
Prior to beginning the instructions below, please verify that you have administrator rights or have capabilities to change the driver functions on your computer. Some users have not been given rights to update the following from their IT department.
- 1. Go to your Start button.
- 2. Select Printers and Faxes
- 3. In the list of printers, select the Fargo id card printer you are using and right click.
- 4. Select Printing Preferences and left click.
- 5. In the tabs, select the Device Options tab.
- 6. Change the ribbon type to the correct ribbon type that is being used.
- 7. Select apply and then click ok.
For information about the Fargo HDP5000 printers or other Fargo printers, contact us for a free consultation at 888-485-4696.