Safe-Card ID presents a video illustrating how to install a manual card feeder on the Evolis Dualys 3 ID card printer.
How to install a manual card feeder in your Evolis Dualys.
1. Remove the card hopper.
2. Adjusts the card thickness gauge to 40 ml.
3. Insert the manual card feeder.
4. Go to the print driver.
5. Adjust the source tray and output tray to manual hopper.
7. Insert the card.
8. Print the card.
For further assistance, contact one of our technicians at 704-535-5200; we look forward to hearing from you!
The new Badgy ID card printer is the newest plastic card printer in the Evolis family of card printers. The printer is a end to end solution to print badges yourself when you need less than 200 badges per year. The printer will print full-color plastic id cards that includes photos and text. The printer package comes with 100 card count print ribbon and cards, card template options, software and a 300 dpi printer.
Following are the items included in the Badgy printer system:
100 card print ribbon
100 PVC cards
This printer comes with a one year printer warranty.
Our recommendation is to consider the benefits of the Evolis Tattoo 2 ID card printer prior to purchasing the Badgy printer. For similar pricing, the Tattoo 2 printer offers a two year manufacturer warranty. The Tattoo printer has a better print quality and also provides options to use a higher level software for increased security and functional use of the id card.
For details about either the Evolis Badgy printer or the Evolis Tattoo 2 ID card printer, contact our ID card specialists at 888-485-4696.
SafeCard ID presents a new video demonstrating how to clean the printhead in the Evolis Dualys 3 ID card printer.
How to clean the printhead in your Evolis Dualys 3 id card printer.
1. Unplug the power supply.
2. Open the top cover.
3. Take a cleaning swab and break the vial allowing the fluid to run down to the swab.
4. Wipe the swab back and forth across the printhead.
5. Close the top cover.
6. Plug back in the power supply. This will reset the printer and ribbon for your next print job.
SafeCard ID presents a new video demonstrating how to clean the card cleaning roller in the Evolis Dualys 3 ID card printer.
How to clean the card cleaning roller
1. Open the top cover.
2. Remove the print ribbon.
3. Remove the cleaning roller located under where the print ribbon was.
4. Wipe the roller with the wipes from your card cleaning kit. If no kit is available, use warm water and soap.
5. Remove dust and lint from the cleaning roller.
6. Replace the cleaning roller in the printer.
7. Replace the print ribbon.
8. Close the top cover.
It is important to clean your id card printer for optimal performance. Although printers do not require an extreme amount of maintenance, the printers do need to reside in a clean area and have clean components for best printing results.
An easy way to maintain the printer is to obtain and use a cleaning kit that is manufactured for your specific printer. The correct cleaning kit contains cleaning swabs or pens, cleaning cards and cleaning pads that will not harm the components of the id card printer. By following the cleaning recommendations in the printer’s owner manual, the life of the printer will be extended and the manufacturer’s warranty requirements will be met.
Some printers will provide a prompt to clean the printer. Other printers have a manufacturer recommendation to clean the printer at each ribbon change. Follow the directions in the manufacturer’s printer manual to correctly clean the printer.
Find the manufacturer recommended id card printer cleaning kit in our shopping cart.
At times, it is necessary to update the drivers and firmware for the Zebra ID card printer. The newest drivers can maximize your id card printer performance and capabilities. If you find yourself needing a driver or firmware, locate the printer model that you are using. Then, go to the drivers and firmware download page on the Zebra website.
After selecting the printer model you have, you will be provided with the latest software updates available.
Safe-Card ID provides printers and supplies from Zebra. Current printer models are the P110i, P330i, P430i and P520i. Contact our id card experts for information or assistance with Zebra printers.
Here are the steps to upgrading your printer firmware:
1. Go to www.fargosupport.com and download the current firmware into a new folder on your computer. The file will be in a zip format so you will want to unzip it in the folder you have created.
2. Open the Fargo Workbench Printer Utility. You will see the following:
3. Open the print spooler. Select File to Print and browse your computer to locate the firmware file you downloaded and saved into the new folder. The firmware is a .frm file.
4. Prepare the printer for the firmware upgrade by pressing and holding down the Pause and Power buttons at the same time. At the same time, plug in the power. You should see the Power and Pause buttons blinking.
5. Go back to the Workbench screen and select Send File To Printer. At this time, the lights will flash fast as the Firmware is updating.
6. When the Firmware is updated, the printer will restart and the lights will remain solid while on.
7. You have completed the update.
For additional information about Fargo printers, contact our ID card specialists. They will be able to assist you with Persona C30e or Fargo DTC400e printer questions.
Following is a video demonstrating how to clean the printhead on an Evolis Pebble printer.
To clean the printhead, follow the directions displayed in the above video.
1. Remove the power plug2. Open the top cover3. Break the vial in the printhead cleaner and allow the fluid to run to the swab4. Run the swab across the printhead.5. Close the top cover6. Reinstall the power plug7. Check for power.
Please call one of our technicians at 704-535-5200 for additional support!