When printing from an Evolis Dualys, you may discover that a perfectly designed card comes out of the printer printed with all black.
To change the printer settings so that future cards are full color, follow these steps:
1. Make sure you have the right print ribbon for the Evolis Dualys. It should be a YMCKOK. The panels are yellow, magenta, cyan, black, overlay and then black.
2. Go to the print driver.
3. Adjust the ribbon setting from a 5 panel ribbon setting to the 6 panel ribbon setting.
4. Set the ribbon. (This acts as an apply button).
5. Verify that there is a checkmark in the box that indicates both sides of the card should be printed.
6. Accept by clicking on the ok button.
7. Try printing your job.
This should update your printer and allow full color print on the front and black print on the back of your card.
For more information about Evolis ID card printers, visit our Evolis Tattoo, Evolis Pebble, Evolis Dualys, Evolis Quantum or Evolis Securion product pages.