For best ID badge printer performance, it is recommended that you keep your printer as clean as possible. To keep the printhead free of any dust particles, follow the manufacturer’s recommended cleaning schedule. The following Evolis video displays how to clean the printhead with a cotton swab from your Evolis cleaning kit.
1. Unplug the power cable to power off the printer.
2. Open the printer cover.
3. Use a cotton swab from your cleaning kit and press the center of the tube until it clicks and releases the cleaning product.
4. Gently apply the cotton swab onto the printhead moving it from left to right and for a few seconds.
5. Close the cover.
6. Wait a couple of minutes before using the printer until the cleaning product has dried.
7. Reconnect the power cable.
If you are interested in information about the Evolis Pebble printer or other Evolis printers available, contact our ID card experts at 888-485-4696.
SafeCard ID presents a new video demonstrating how to clean the printhead in the Evolis Dualys 3 ID card printer.
How to clean the printhead in your Evolis Dualys 3 id card printer.
1. Unplug the power supply.
2. Open the top cover.
3. Take a cleaning swab and break the vial allowing the fluid to run down to the swab.
4. Wipe the swab back and forth across the printhead.
5. Close the top cover.
6. Plug back in the power supply. This will reset the printer and ribbon for your next print job.
Following is a video demonstrating how to clean the printhead on an Evolis Pebble printer.
To clean the printhead, follow the directions displayed in the above video.
1. Remove the power plug2. Open the top cover3. Break the vial in the printhead cleaner and allow the fluid to run to the swab4. Run the swab across the printhead.5. Close the top cover6. Reinstall the power plug7. Check for power.
Please call one of our technicians at 704-535-5200 for additional support!