It is important for the correct working of your bar code that it print in a true black setting. Sometimes this will happen automatically, but it is best to double check your printer preferences prior to printing to make sure that you will obtain the bar code output desired.
The following instructions will provide a printed bar code that will print true black. The bar code in the following example is for a bar code close to the bottom edge.
1. Go to your computer and go to the start button in the left hand corner. Go to SETTINGS. Then go to PRINTERS and FAXES.
2. Right click on the correct driver for your printer and select PRINTING PREFERENCES>
3. Find the K PANEL RESIN tab. Click on the DEFINED AREA box.
4. Select PRINT K ONLY at the bottom of your form.
5. Double check to make sure that the X and Y axis settings are set to zero.
6. The height and width settings are found above the axis settings. If you have a vertical card, set the height for 2.11″. If you have a horizontal card, set the height for .500″. The width for both cards should be set at 3.377″.
Looking at your id card software design, you should see a black rectangle at the bottom of the card where you, hopefully, want the bar code to be placed.
For more information about designing id cards with id card software , contact our id card experts. We provide id card systems with Fargo printers, Evolis printers, CIM printers or Magicard printers.