The following video provided by Evolis provides manufacturer instructions illustrating how to complete a routine printer cleaning with a cleaning card.
1. Open the printer lid on the top of the printer.
2. Remove the print ribbon.
3. Close the lid.
4. Open the card input hopper.
5. Remove all blank cards.
6. Shift the card thickness gauge to “MAX”.
7. Remove the adhesive strip from the cleaning card.
8. Place the cleaning card in the input hopper and leave the hopper door open.
9. Press the power button twice.
10. The card will be automatically cycled through the printer and ejected into the output hopper.
11. Remove the card from the output hopper and close the card output hopper.
12. Open the printer lid.
13. Replace the print ribbon and close the lid.
14. Return unused cards to the input hopper.
15. Return the thickness gauge to its correct setting and close the hopper door.
For information about the Evolis Primacy printer, please contact our ID card experts at +1 888.485.4696.
Below you will find a video illustrating the correct way to complete a routine print-head cleaning using a cleaning card on the Evolis Primacy ID card printer.
1. Open the top printer lid.
2. Remove the print cartridge.
3. Close the printer lid.
4. Open the cardstock hopper and remove the cards.
5. Shift the card thickness gauge to the right (“Max”).
6. Put the cleaning card in the card input area.
7. Turn the cleaning cycle on.
8. Remove the cleaning card from the card output hopper.
9. Open the top printer lid.
10. Replace the print cartridge.
11. Close the lid.
12. Open the card-stock hopper and load with your standard cards.
13. Shift the card thickness gauge to the correct card thickness for your cards.
14. Close the hopper.
Contact our ID card experts at 704-535-5200 for Evolis Primacy supplies and information.
Following is a video of cleaning instructions illustrating how to properly clean the Evolis Primacy printer using an Evolis cleaning kit.
1. Open the lid on the top of the printer.
2. Remove the print ribbon.
3. Close the lid.
4. Open the card intake hopper.
5. Remove cardstock.
6. Shift the card thickness guage all the way to the right.
7. Open a cleaning T card.
8. Push the printer on button.
9. Insert the T card in the place where cards enter the printer.
10.When the strip ejects, place a cleaning card in the cardstock intake area.
11.When finished, the card will eject in the output hopper.
12.Open the lid on the top of the printer.
13.Replace the ribbon removed in step 2.
14.Close the lid.
15.Open the card hopper and replace the cardstock.
16.Shift the card thickness guage to the correct thickness for your cards.
17.Close the card hopper.
For information about the Evolis Primacy printer, our ID experts are available toll free at 888-485-4696.
Like all Evolis plastic card printers, the manufacturer recommends a cleaning cycle be performed once every 1,000 card prints. For printers still under warranty coverage, these cleanings must be performed on time to maintain coverage on the print-head. For any Evolis Dualys series printer, follow these steps to manually clean the printer:
Open the printer lid, remove the print-ribbon, and set it aside;
Remove the card hopper, and then remove all cards from the card-hopper. Set the cards aside where they’ll stay clean and neatly stacked. Be careful to handle the cards only by the edges, and not on the printable surfaces.
Move the card thickness gauge to its maximum open setting (past the “40” marking).
Remove an Evolis Hi-Trust IPA-alcohol cleaning card from its protective package and insert the cleaning card into the card hopper.
Place the card hopper, with cleaning card inserted, back onto the printer.
Push the power button for about 1 second, and then release it. (Note – if you don’t hold it down long enough, nothing will happen; if you hold it down too long, the printer will power off. If either occurs, try again.)
The cleaning card will be pulled into the printer, and it will be cycled through the print area repeatedly. You will know that the cleaning is proceeding properly when you hear the card being cycled forward and back in the printer. If the card is transported straight through and into the output hopper, replace the cleaning card into the card hopper, and start at step 5.
Once the card cleaning has completed successfully, open the printer lid and remove the cleaning roller from the inside-back of the printer.
Open an Evolis Hi-trust IPA alcohol cleaning wipe, and use it to thoroughly clean the cleaning roller.
Replace the cleaning roller into the printer, ensuring that the “axle” on each end is fitted into the appropriate slots on either side of its mounting location.
Continue to use the IPA alcohol wipe to clean any other visible rollers within the printer. Note that you may want to rotate these rollers by hand to be able to clean them completely.
Replace your print ribbon and close the printer lid.
Remove the card-hopper, reset the thickness gauge to the number equivalent to your card thickness (standard cards are 30 mil, so you would set the gauge to “30”.
Replace your card stock into the card hopper and place the hopper back into the printer.
Ensure that the output hopper is fully open.
Once the steps above are completed, your Evolis Dualys series printer will be clean and you will be ready to print again.
Safe-Card ID Services is an authorized dealer for all Evolis card printing products. For additional information about ID card printing, or if you need further technical support or assistance, feel free to contact us toll-free from the US & Canada at +1 888.485.4696, or +1 704.535.5200 elsewhere.
The Evolis Pebble ID card printer will provide colorful, personalized ID badges for many years. In fact, Evolis believes in their printers so much they provide a three year warranty on this printer which is one of the longest manufacturer warranties in the business.
To keep your printer working at it’s best, it is important to follow manufacturer recommendations for maintenance. The following Evolis video demonstrates how to clean the cleaning rollers in an Evolis Pebble printer.
1. Open the printer cover.
2. Remove the printer ribbon.
3. Locate the cleaning roller and remove it from its housing.
4. Use a cleaning wipe provided by Evolis.
5. Remove any dust by gently rubbing the wipe across the roller surface.
6. Once the roller is clean and dry place it back into the printer.
7. Set the ribbon back into the printer.
8. Close the printer cover.
If you are interested in information about the Evolis Pebble printer or other Evolis printers available, contact our ID card experts at 888-485-4696.
It is important to keep the Fargo card printer clean to provide professional quality ID card printing for years to come. When cleaning the printer, follow the steps below to ensure the printer is cleaned correctly.
CLEANING THE PRINTHEAD
1. Open the printer front cover.
2. Remove the print ribbon.
3. Squeeze the printhead cleaning swab to saturate the tip of the swab with alcohol.
4. Rub the swab gently back and forth over the length of the printhead.
5. When the printhead is completely dry, replace the ribbon and close the front cover.
CLEANING THE PLATEN AND CARD FEED ROLLERS
1. Open the printer front cover and remove the print ribbon.
2. Remove the cards from the printer’s input hopper.
3. Use the cleaning card from the cleaning kit and remove the adhesive backing from both sides of the card.
4. Insert the cleaning card into the single feed card slot until the card stops.
5. From your computer, open the printer driver and select “printing preferences.”
6. Click on the “clean printer” button.
7. Click on the “clean” button.
At this point, the printer will pull in the cleaning card. The printer will perform an automated cleaning.
Cleaning the Printer’s Interior
Occasionally, use a cleaning pad from your cleaning kit to remove dust and dirt from inside the printer.
Cleaning the Printer’s Exterior
Use a cleaning pad from the cleaning kit to remove dirt from the outside of the printer.
For information about the Fargo HDP5000 printers or other Fargo printers, contact us for a free consultation at 888-485-4696.
After about 1,000 full color cards have been printed on the Zebra P120i printer, the printer will indicate that it is time to clean the printer. You will notice the LCD screen will read “clean printer.” The LCD screen will walk you through the steps below:
To clean the printer:
1. Hold the control button for several seconds. If there is a card inside of the printer, it will be ejected.
2. Remove printer cartridge and close the lid.
3. Remove the remaining PVC cards in the card printer and close the cover.
4. Feed the long cleaning card by feeding the smaller end of the large card into the exit slot. The card will feed to clean the printer and eject.
5. Feed the short cleaning card by opening the card feeder, pulling back the blue card guide and inserting the t-shaped small cleaning card into the slot.
6. When the LCD screen prompts you to remove the cleaning card, open the lid, push the card guide open and remove the cleaning card.
7. When the LCD screen prompts shows “ready,” reload the cards and ribbon for printing.
Find out specific information about Zebra Printer models:
It is important to clean your id card printer for optimal performance. Although printers do not require an extreme amount of maintenance, the printers do need to reside in a clean area and have clean components for best printing results.
An easy way to maintain the printer is to obtain and use a cleaning kit that is manufactured for your specific printer. The correct cleaning kit contains cleaning swabs or pens, cleaning cards and cleaning pads that will not harm the components of the id card printer. By following the cleaning recommendations in the printer’s owner manual, the life of the printer will be extended and the manufacturer’s warranty requirements will be met.
Some printers will provide a prompt to clean the printer. Other printers have a manufacturer recommendation to clean the printer at each ribbon change. Follow the directions in the manufacturer’s printer manual to correctly clean the printer.
Find the manufacturer recommended id card printer cleaning kit in our shopping cart.
Following is a video demonstrating how to clean the printhead on an Evolis Pebble printer.
To clean the printhead, follow the directions displayed in the above video.
1. Remove the power plug2. Open the top cover3. Break the vial in the printhead cleaner and allow the fluid to run to the swab4. Run the swab across the printhead.5. Close the top cover6. Reinstall the power plug7. Check for power.
Please call one of our technicians at 704-535-5200 for additional support!