Printer Cleaning Instructions:
Clean the printer after 1000 color prints or 5000 monochrome prints. The LCD will display “clean printer” to remind you of this. For best results, clean the printer as soon as possible after this message displays.
1. Leave the printer on and press the button. Hold the button for 3 seconds. The LCD will display “remove ribbon and close head.”
2. Open the printer lid and push the blue release arrow forward. Lift up the printhead carriage..
3. Remove the ribbon spools.
4. Close the head carriage. The LCD with display “empty feeder and press button.”
5. Open the feeder lid and remove all cards but the bottom card. This card will remain in the feeder until you press the eject button.
6. Load the cleaning card in the feader. Place the small cleaning card in the card feeder. The belt will move it in halfway and continue to clean other parts of the printer. The small card will be ejected when it has finished cleaning.
7. The LCD will display “press button to continue.” Feed the long cleaning card into the card feeder exit slot. It will move back and forth as it cleans. The LCD will display “cleaning printer.”
8. When completed, the LCD screen will display “ready.” You may return the ribbon spools, reload cards and resume printing.
If you notice spots or streaks, you may need to clean the printhead.
1. Turn the printer off.
2. Lift the carriage and remove the print ribbon.
3. Sqeeze the plastic cleaning swab stick to move the liquid into the tip.
4. Move the moistened swab side to side across the elements. Wait 2 minutes.
5. Turn the printer back on and return the print ribbon.
Find out specific information about Zebra Printer models: