The majority of people who print ID badges set the system up for the single badge design and are good to go. Other groups have various cards designs for various applications. Some of these cards may be full color and other cards may be single color. To save on costs, the single color cards can be printed using a single color ribbon and a ribbon change is made when switching from the single color to a multi color card.
If your cards are not printing correctly after switching out the ribbon, follow the following steps on your PC to adjust the printer and software to the new ribbon selection.
- 1. Go to your computer start button.
- 2. Select printers and faxes
- 3. Select the Evolis Pebble and right click.
- 4. Select printing preferences.
- 5. On the graphic tab, the first selecton is “ribbon”. Select the correct ribbon for your new printing job. Click “Set Ribbon.” Click “Ok.”
When you open your ID card software, check the printer settings. Make sure that your ribbon selection is the same as the one you set in the printer driver.
For information about ID card printers or specific Evolis printers, contact us for a free consultation at 888-485-4696.