Entrust Datacard released new firmware for their SD, CD, and CE system printers today. In order to download this update, visit their support page.
The new firmware will provide your printers with a wide variety of enhancements. This summer, Entrust Datacard began sending out new RFID tags with enhanced encryption to ensure that you are receiving authentic Datacard® Certified Supplies that were designed specifically for optimum performance in their Datacard® system. This new firmware will enable the enhanced encryption to take place.
In addition to enabling the enhanced encryption, the new firmware will provide Datacard SD, CD, and CE systems with a wide variety of updates:
- UV printing on all SD, CD and CE systems
- Rewrite capability on SD260 and SD260s systems
- Security enhancements to support PCI requirements
- Mag stripe fix to help reduce errors when cards are not in position
- Improved cleaning card on the multi-hopper
- Other security and performance improvements
For more information about firmware and why it’s important to keep it updated, check out the post about it in our archives.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please contact one of our experts at +1 888.485.4696.