Evolis has announced that this fall a new line of their Badgy card printer will be available. The original Badgy was named New Product of the Year 2013 by the Boss Industry Awards given by the BOSS Federation, the trade association serving the UK office supplies and services industry. We hope this indicates good things for the updated version coming out in the next few weeks. The Badgy200 will be an economical solution for small-scale printing needs, allowing education, corporate, and leisure organizations to print in-house, thus saving money and offering instant results.
95 cards/hour (~38 seconds/card)
Evolis Badge Studio® + included
100 print consumable pack included
Energy Star® certified
Single side printing (re-insert card for reverse-side printing)
Wide selection of templates available for card design
PC & Mac Compatible
1 year standard warranty
As you can see, the Badgy200 is a good entry-level card printer solution. Evolis Badge Studio®+ allows you to print from a database, making it easy to retain information for reprinting cards and to organize your card printing in batches. The consumable pack sets you up with a ribbon and 30 mil CR-80 PVC cards (100), so you’ll be able to start printing immediately upon set up.
This printer is designed to set up in the same manner as a desktop printer, making it easy for anyone familiar with office equipment to get running quickly.
If you’ve been looking for a budget card printing solution, this new offer from Evolis may be a good fit. As always, to make sure the needs of your organization are met, call Safe-Card ID at +888-485-4696 OR +705-535-5200 for a free consultation with one of our experts! We look forward to hearing from you!
Below you will find a video illustrating the correct way to complete a routine print-head cleaning using a cleaning card on the Evolis Primacy ID card printer.
1. Open the top printer lid.
2. Remove the print cartridge.
3. Close the printer lid.
4. Open the cardstock hopper and remove the cards.
5. Shift the card thickness gauge to the right (“Max”).
6. Put the cleaning card in the card input area.
7. Turn the cleaning cycle on.
8. Remove the cleaning card from the card output hopper.
9. Open the top printer lid.
10. Replace the print cartridge.
11. Close the lid.
12. Open the card-stock hopper and load with your standard cards.
13. Shift the card thickness gauge to the correct card thickness for your cards.
14. Close the hopper.
Contact our ID card experts at 704-535-5200 for Evolis Primacy supplies and information.
Following is a video of cleaning instructions illustrating how to properly clean the Evolis Primacy printer using an Evolis cleaning kit.
1. Open the lid on the top of the printer.
2. Remove the print ribbon.
3. Close the lid.
4. Open the card intake hopper.
5. Remove cardstock.
6. Shift the card thickness guage all the way to the right.
7. Open a cleaning T card.
8. Push the printer on button.
9. Insert the T card in the place where cards enter the printer.
10.When the strip ejects, place a cleaning card in the cardstock intake area.
11.When finished, the card will eject in the output hopper.
12.Open the lid on the top of the printer.
13.Replace the ribbon removed in step 2.
14.Close the lid.
15.Open the card hopper and replace the cardstock.
16.Shift the card thickness guage to the correct thickness for your cards.
17.Close the card hopper.
For information about the Evolis Primacy printer, our ID experts are available toll free at 888-485-4696.
Greg Stephens, owner of Safe-Card ID, demonstrates how to manually clean the Evolis Dualys plastic card printer in the following video.
Steps for Cleaning the Evolis Dualys:
1. Open the printer lid.
2. Remove the print ribbon.
3. Remove the card hopper.
4. Insert the cleaning card into the card hopper.
5. Move the thickness guage to 40 ml.
6. Return the card hopper back into the printer.
7. Quickly push the power button and let go
8. When the card ejects from the printer, remove the cleaning roller from the back of the printer.
9. Open the cleaning wipe and clean the cleaning roller.
10. Place the cleaning roller back into the printer.
11. Prepare the head cleaning wipe and gently wipe the printhead.
12. Replace your print ribbon.
13. Close the printer lid.
Once the steps above are completed, your Evolis Dualys is clean and you should be ready to print.
Safe-Card ID is an authorized dealer for Evolis card printing products. Feel free to contact us 704-535-5200 for additional information about ID card printing.
Our technical area is busy with different questions our customers have about printers and how customers can get the most efficient operation from them. One popular question about the Evolis brand printers is about the printhead removal and replacement. The following video was prepared to demonstrate how to remove a printhead from the Evolis Pebble printer and then replace it wil a different printhead.
1. Remove the hopper.
2. Open the top cover.
3. Push the support mechanism in to release the printhead.
4. Slide the printhead up and over the metal holder.
5. Unplug the wire harness.
6. Reverse the steps to put the new printhead into place.
Once the above steps are completed, the printer is ready for use.
If you need information about the Evolis printer brand, please contact our ID card experts at 888-485-4696.
The Safe-Card ID video team completed another instructional video to help Evolis printer owners know how to correctly change a printer ribbon in an Evolis Pebble and Evolis Dualys printer. Follow the steps below and you will be set to print.
Changing a print ribbon:
1. Open the printer cover.
2. Remove the ribbon from the packaging.
3. Lay the ribbon as indicated on the instruction panel in the printer, making sure that the ribbon runs over the top of the two spools.
4. Close the lid.
5. The printer will cycle through to start printing on the right panel.
If you need information about PVC card printing system, contact our experts at 888-485-4696. We would love to hear from you.
Know someone who could use these tips? Feel free to share with options below.
Evolis, a French manufacturer of ID card printers, has provied the following video about their newest printer model release, the Evolis Zenius ID card printer. This video demonstrates how to remove and replace the cover on the printer.
If you need assistance in obtaining an Evolis printer or in purchasing card printing supplies, please contact our ID card experts at 888-485-4696.
If you are trying to print your custom printed cards on your Evolis Pebble and find you can’t, adjustments are needed to continue printing. If you notice that all of the lights on the printer are lit, follow the steps below to see if the problem can be fixed.
1. Check to see which ribbon is in the printer. Make sure it is a 5 panel YMCKO color ribbon
2. Go to the print queue and clear it out. Once you have cleared the print que out, restart the printer so it starts fresh
3. Open and close the print head. Make sure that the color ribbon is in the correct place upon closure.
4. Check their printer graphics settings. Make sure that the correct ribbon is selected.
5. Once you have done all this, try to print again.
If the steps above turn off the extra lights that are on, you should be able to continue printing. If the problem is not fixed, additional steps are needed to reset the printer. The best thing to do is contact the ID card integrator company that provided you with the printer for technical assistance.
Evolis printers purchased at Safe-Card ID come with free phone technical support for the lifetime of the printer. If you need personalized assistance with your printer, please contact us our technical area with your invoice number and printer serial number. We will be happy to assist you.
Our ID card experts can provide you the latest information about ID card printers, ID card software and PVC cards. Contact them toll free at 888-485-4696.
The Evolis Pebble ID card printer will provide colorful, personalized ID badges for many years. In fact, Evolis believes in their printers so much they provide a three year warranty on this printer which is one of the longest manufacturer warranties in the business.
To keep your printer working at it’s best, it is important to follow manufacturer recommendations for maintenance. The following Evolis video demonstrates how to clean the cleaning rollers in an Evolis Pebble printer.
1. Open the printer cover.
2. Remove the printer ribbon.
3. Locate the cleaning roller and remove it from its housing.
4. Use a cleaning wipe provided by Evolis.
5. Remove any dust by gently rubbing the wipe across the roller surface.
6. Once the roller is clean and dry place it back into the printer.
7. Set the ribbon back into the printer.
8. Close the printer cover.
If you are interested in information about the Evolis Pebble printer or other Evolis printers available, contact our ID card experts at 888-485-4696.