When using a Fargo HDP5000 printer, the error code “ribbon has miscued” may display on the LCD screen. The printer may also display an Error Code 97. The following are the steps you can take to attempt to resolve the error and resume printing.
- Open Windows’ “Devices and Printers” screen;
- Locate the HDP5000 printer, and right-click on it with your mouse;
- Select the option for “Printing Preferences”;
- Select the tab named “Card”;
- Click the link button for “ToolBox” and a new window will open;
- In the new window, select the “Calibrate Ribbon” tab, and follow the directions provided.
If the calibration finishes normally, resume printing your cards. If the calibration does not resolve the problem, or the same errors continue to occur, please contact us about your warranty or service options, as this error is also symptomatic of a ribbon sensor that has gone bad.
Visit our website or web store for information about the Fargo HDP5000 and other Fargo printers. For further technical support, contact us for a free consultation at +1 888.485.4696 (US & Canada), or +1 704.535.5200.