The Evolis Quantum is a special ID card printer designed for running thousands of cards per week through a printer. This printer will hold up to the pressure of running for hours and hours at a time.
This card printer can provide personalization of PVC cards with a black monochrome ribbon. The printer can print a card holder name on a card in seconds. The printer is also capable of printing full color cards in one pass with custom personalization and encoding, if required, on the card.
This printer can accomplish the high volume print jobs easier than standard ID card printers. The amount of prints available in a single ribbon is much larger than in most badge printers. The print ribbons for the Evolis Quantum provide 3,000 prints per roll. This ribbon quantity keeps production moving as print ribbons do not need to be changed as frequently as printers that have a standard 200 to 500 count print ribbon.
Another feature allowing high volume printing is the card input and output hopper size. The Quantum card printer holds 500 cards in the input hopper and 500 cards in the output hopper. The hoppers are also exchangeable allowing you to preload additional input hoppers for easy transfer when it is time to replace cards in an empty hopper.
For more information about the Evolis Quantum or other Evolis printer models, contact our ID card experts at 888-485-4696.
If you have a Evolis Dualys printer, you most likely want to print a custom printed card with a design on the front side and another look on the back side. Sometimes as the printer prints, it prints the front side of the card design on one PVC card and then pulls in a second card to print the back side of your dual sided card design. You can follow the tips below to correct the printing error.
1. Go to the print driver.
2. Click on printing preferences.
3. Insure your have the proper ribbon selected (YMCKOK ribbon, part number R3314)
4. At the right side of the ribbon selection drop down, you will see a check box to print both sides of a single card. Put a check in that box.
Problem presented to our technical staff: Our Evolis ID card printer will not feed cards when attempting to print.
Suggested steps for resolution:
1. Clean the printer with an Evolis cleaning kit.
2. Remove the cleaning roller from the inside of the printer and clean it with mild soap and warm water.
3. Access the printer cleaning function from the tools tab in the print driver. Select the clean button and follow the provided directions.
If these steps did not solve your card feeding problem, check the card thickness gauge. This gauge is located behind the card feeder. Increase the thickness gauge slightly to allow more space for the card to travel through the card rails in the printer.
For more information about Evolis printers -the Evolis Pebble or the Evolis Dualys, contact our ID card experts at 888-485-4696.
If you are is using an Evolis Pebble or Evolis Dualys with eMedia software, you will be running the eMedia standard version. To change the software so that you are not in demo mode, follow the instructions below:
Ensure that you are n Design mode. Then click on the icon DEMO.
Click on the disable demonstration mode button.
Switch to operating mode.
Click on File. Then click on Print Setup.
Select Evolis Pebble or Evolis Dualys. It is important to not rename the printer driver!!!
You will be able to print without demonstration and the message saying the license is expired will disappear.
Printers other than the Evolis Pebble or Evolis Dualys have a 30 day trial period and can not be taken out of demo mode using the above instructions. This software is limited on the Evolis Tattoo 2, Evolis Quantum, Evolis Securion or any other ID card printer other than the Evolis Pebble or Evolis Dualys.
If your Evolis Dualys caution light is staying on and the printer will not print, here is what you should do.
1. Check that the printer is plugged in correctly and the power button is lit up.
2. Check to make sure that the exit hopper tray is pulled all the way out and snapped into the correct place.
3. Unplug the power source and wait 10 seconds.
4. Plug the printer back into the power and check to see if the warning light has gone off.
The steps above should allow your Evolis Dualys to begin printing again.
The Evolis ID card printers may have occasion when they will not feed cards from the card hopper. Often, when there are just a few cards in the hopper, the printer will feed fine. When the card hopper is filled with 100 cards, the printer will not take in the card from the card hopper.
The issue is usually not with the Evolis printer. This problem is usually due to the cards themselves. These are the list of things to look for below.
1. Make sure the cards are fanned to get rid of any static. With the extra weight, it sometimes will cause miss feeds.
2. If the card guide is set for 30 mil adjust to a little thicker like 35 mil.
3. Clean the front roller with the advanced cleaning. (Open the lid and press the power button. All rollers will move. Then apply a cleaning card to really clean that intake roller)
4. Check the card feeder the problem might be with the feeder itself.
For additional information about Evolis printers, contact our ID card experts t 704-535-5200.
The all new Quantum has the power of a centralized printer system with the flexibility of a desktop printer.
The newest version of the Quantum, the printer to personalize cards in large quantities, is now available. Cards encoded and printed in high volume may include:
Known for it’s speed, the Evolis Quantum prints 1000+ cards per hour in monochrome and 135 cards per hour in full color. The printer can include mixing and matching texts, pictures, bar codes, and logos in this speed quarantee. To assist in this output, the printer includes 2 brand-new detachable and interchangeable high-capacity hoppers that store up to 500 cards. Cards can be preloaded in the hoppers and if additional hoppers are needed, they are available.
The printer has a reversible encoding unit that allows versatility to print and encode the same side of a plastic card without flipping the card over. The same printer can print magnetic, smart contact and smart contactless encoded cards.
Here are the main printer specifications:
* Dual-sided printing
* Color and monochrome printing
* Printing throughput: 1000+ cards per hour in monochrome, 125+ cards per hour in color – full card surface
* Encoding of magnetic stripes, contact and contactless smart cards
* Supports Windows Vista and XP. MAC driver is available upon request
For additional information about the Evolis Quantum or other Evolis card printers, contact our ID card experts at 888-485-4696.