HID Global regularly updates their Asure ID Software version 7. We encourage users to keep up with these updates to take advantage of new features and prevent problems. The current version of Asure ID can always be downloaded online directly from HID. It is available as a free update for currently licensed users of Asure ID 2009 and Asure ID 7.x. Users of Asure ID 5.x, should contact us for special upgrade pricing.
For help installing the update and accessing new shortcuts and functionalities, Asure ID also regularly updates the Asure ID User Guide. It is also available as a free download directly from the HID Global website.
The most recent program updates target increased functionality and support for HID’s ever-expanding access-control systems.
Asure ID Software Recent Release Highlights:
- HID has updated the toolbar and application sidebar to more closely mirror the look and feel of recent Windows releases. This redesign makes learning and using Asure ID easier and more intuitive.
- Enhancements to accommodate encoding of iClass SE proximity/access credentials.
- Data entry and management are enhanced, allowing users to save font sizes and font types for both table and record views, further increasing customization options.
- HID has introduced several keystroke enhancements to simplify data entry, including the ability to use the “shift-key” to highlight multiple records at once for group action.
- Beginning with Asure ID 7.7, the program retains the most recent photo location and cropped size. Most users find this change makes it easier to edit photographs and quickly produce photo IDs.
- Finally, HID has added a quick filter feature that allows users to specify the order of entries.
As a result of these updates, data-entry is smoother and the software allows for better management of databases and data records.
Most notably, as HID expands their ecosystem to include embedded and standalone iClass SE Encoders, they continue to update Asure ID, in part to facilitate access-control system integration. As Asure ID 7.7, users can take advantage of iClass SE Encoders, optionally embedded within Fargo ID printers. This includes enabling automatic registration of finished card data to compatible access-control programs.
Need more info?
You can learn more about Asure ID in our dedicated product page, as well as our web-store. If you need assistance applying updates or have other questions, please call to speak with our ID-card experts. They are available toll-free at +1 888.485.4696 (from US & Canada) or +1 704.535.5200 (elsewhere). At Safe-Card ID, we are always glad to help!
Asure ID 7, the current version of HID Global’s industry-leading ID badge design software, is available for a free 30-day trial. In order to access the Asure ID trial, click here and visit the product download page.
Asure ID Trial Available in Four Editions*
HID Global’s ID badge-design and badge-printing software provides card issuers with a clean, easy-to-navigate interface, and a complete package of custom card printing options. Because there are 4 available editions, it is easy to find an version to satisfy nearly any type or size organization:
- Solo Edition* – Simple, entry-level card design software for organizations requiring production for up to 200 database records;
- Express Edition* – Powerful, stand-alone card design software optimized for single-user environments with virtually limitless data records;
- Enterprise Edition* – Card design software for multiple workstations that share a common database;
- Exchange Edition* – Support for more sophisticated secure credential applications, providing advanced smart card functionality and laser engraving.
*Note: Some features of these editions, including advanced database connections and card encoding are not enabled in the Asure ID trial edition. Despite this restriction, you may find the trial useful for familiarizing your users with the software. However, to determine if the software fits your needs, please call one of our experts at +1 704.535.5200.
Regardless of the edition selected, you will find Asure ID is easy to learn and full of features. It provides a wide range of capabilities in card issuance and card management for small and large organizations alike. If you’re unsure whether this software fits your needs, use the 30-day Asure ID trial to test it out.
Need More Info?
For purchasing information, please check out our Asure ID information page, or the Safe-Card ID webstore. Furthermore, we are happy to address your specific questions about ID-card software or ID-card printer systems! Simply contact our staff of ID experts toll-free at +1 888.485.4696 (US & Canada), or +1 704.535.5200 elsewhere.
A question we often receive in our customer support department is “What is the default user-ID & password for HID Global’s Asure ID card design and printing software?”
In order to access Asure ID, you must provide a user-ID & password each time you use the program. When it is first installed, a default user-ID & password combination for Asure ID is created. It is best-practice to replace these default values with your own, secure user-ID & password. If you want to secure any personal identification data that appears on your ID-cards, this is particularly important.
In all but Asure ID’s entry-level Solo Edition, you can create separate user-IDs for an administrator user-ID and for non-administrator users. (Solo Edition does not support multiple user-IDs.)
If you have the Exchange Edition of Asure ID, you can also use Microsoft Active Directory / LDAP and implement single sign-on capabilities.
Asure ID Default User-ID & Password:
User Name*= admin
(*You should input values exactly as they appear–they are case sensitive.)
Need more info?
For more information about Asure ID, or its various editions & features, please don’t hesitate to call and speak with one of our ID experts. We can be reached toll-free at +1 888.485.4696 from the US & Canada, or +1 704.535.5200 elsewhere. Software version & pricing information is also conveniently located elsewhere on our web-site, and in our web-store.
Asure ID product information is also available directly from the HID Global Asure-ID micro-site.
** ASURE ID 5.X IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE OR SUPPORTED BY THE AUTHORING COMPANY (HID GLOBAL / FARGO). THE ONLY CURRENTLY AVAILABLE AND SUPPORTED VERSION IS ASURE ID 7. **
Contact our ID-card experts toll-free at +1 888.485.4696 (US & Canada), or browse our web-store for special upgrade pricing to Asure ID 7.
Asure ID 2009 is no longer offered, and has been replaced by Asure ID 7. Want to test this latest iteration of Asure ID Card Software? The link below will take you directly to the product download page, where you’ll have access to a 30-day trial of this industry leading product, absolutely free!
Asure ID is an ID-card design and printing software product, which provides card issuers with a clean, easy-to-navigate interface, and a complete package of custom card printing options. There are 4 available editions, offering a range of options to satisfy nearly any type or size organization:
- Asure ID Solo Edition – Simple, entry-level card personalization software for organizations requiring production for up to 200 database records;
- Asure ID Express Edition – Powerful, stand-alone card personalization software designed for single-user environments with virtually limitless data records;
- Asure ID Enterprise Edition – Card personalization for multiple workstations sharing a common database;
- Asure ID Exchange Edition – Support for more sophisticated secure credential applications, providing advanced smart card functionality and laser engraving.
Regardless of the edition selected, you will find Asure ID is easy to learn and full of features. It provides a wide range of capabilities in card issuance and card management for small and large organizations alike.
Need More Info?
For purchasing information, please check out our Asure ID information page, or go directly to the Safe-Card ID web-store. Or, to get your specific questions about ID-card software or ID-card printer systems addressed, contact our staff of ID experts toll-free at +1 888.485.4696 (US & Canada), or +1 704.535.5200 elsewhere.
The various versions of id card software by Asure sometimes is a complex process to wade through. It is important to consider what requirements the current organization needs in their id card uses as well as what might be required out of the id card in a couple of years. This software will last for some time and will need to encompass the abilities of id card printing for the foreseeable future.
One way to make sure that you make the best decision in selecting the Asure ID software version is to review the features of each product to see if your current and possibily future requirements may be defined and the correct software version selected.
The inital review may be best found by looking at the product selection guide that Asure ID makers have put together indicating the capabilities of each software version. Once that is reviewed, usually the decision can be narrowed into about what is needed. At that point, a specialist from an id card company can confirm the decision and provide the best possible options for smooth id card making.
For additional information about Asure ID Card Software, id card printer systems or badge attachments, contact us for a free consultation at 888-485-4696.