The following video from Magicard demonstrates begins at the process of replacing the cleaning roller in your Magicard ID card printer.
1. The printer comes with a cleaning roller which should be replaced when you change the print ribbon.
2. Remove the cleaning cassette.
3. Remove the used roller from the cassette.
4. Detach the protective cover from the new roller.
5. Place the new roller into the cassette.
6. Fit the cleaning cassette back into the printer.
For more information about Magicard printer models, contact our ID card experts at 888-485-4696.
Magicard printers provide printed identification cards for both small organization and large card printing needs, such as a government issued ID card or financial cards from banks. The embedded video provided by Magicard begins at the point of the cleaning process that shows how to clean the printer’s printhead.
This process is important to keep the internal printing mechanisms free from dirt, dust and oils that may reduce the quality of the card output.
Steps for Printhead Cleaning
1. The printhead needs cleaning when traces of ribbon or lines are seen on the printed cards.
2. Take the cleaning pen.
3. Open the printer and pass the cleaning pen across the length of the printhead.
For additional information about Magicard printer models or id badge printers, contact our ID card experts at 888-485-4696.
This video from Magicard demonstrates the Magicard HoloKote tool available on Magicard ID card printers. The HoloKote tool provides a custom key for your HoloKote enabled card printer model.
The custom key is a memory card device. The key holds your custom HoloKote watermark logo and is also able to lock some models of the id card printers. The logos are in black and white. To create the HoloKote, you can upload your logo in any format and it will be converted into the correct image.