Following you will find a video illustrating the correct way to complete a routine printhead cleaning using a cleaning card on the Evolis Primacy ID card printer.
1. Open the top printer lid.
2. Remove the print cartridge.
3. Close the printer lid.
4. Open the cardstock hopper and remove the cards.
5. Shift the card thickness guage to the right.
6. Put the cleaning card in the card input area.
7. Turn the cleaning cycle on.
8. Remove the cleaning card from the card output hopper.
9. Open the top printer lid.
10. Replace the print cartridge.
11. Close the lid.
12. Open the cardstock hopper and replace the card.
13. Shift the card thickness guage to the correct card thickness for your cards.
14. Close the hopper.
Contact our ID card experts for Evolis Primacy supplies and information.
Following is a video of cleaning instructions illustrating how to properly clean the Evolis Primacy printer using an Evolis cleaning kit.
1. Open the lid on the top of the printer.
2. Remove the print ribbon.
3. Close the lid.
4. Open the card intake hopper.
5. Remove cardstock.
6. Shift the card thickness guage all the way to the right.
7. Open a cleaning T card.
8. Push the printer on button.
9. Insert the T card in the place where cards enter the printer.
10.When the strip ejects, place a cleaning card in the cardstock intake area.
11.When finished, the card will eject in the output hopper.
12.Open the lid on the top of the printer.
13.Replace the ribbon removed in step 2.
14.Close the lid.
15.Open the card hopper and replace the cardstock.
16.Shift the card thickness guage to the correct thickness for your cards.
17.Close the card hopper.
For information about the Evolis Primacy printer, our ID experts are available toll free at 888-485-4696.
Need a simple, reliable ID card printer for making ID badges for your group or company? Take a look at the Fargo DTC1000. This small, light-weight printer provides low to medium volume ID card printing for standard IDs. The best in it’s category, this printer provides optional magnetic stripe encoding and various types of smart card encoding. See some of this printers outstanding features in the following video released by HID.
If you have experience with the Fargo DTC1000 printer? We would like to hear from you. Leave us your comments below. Let us know the postives and negatives about this printer.
HID Global, manufacturer of a leading brand of ID card printers, has released a new video displaying the features of the Fargo DTC4000 ID card printer/encoder. This adaptable printer is able to meet not only current printing needs, but is adaptable to changes in your future printing requirements. This printer has a password protected login and has the capability to print fluorescent images to increase card security. Additional features are displayed in the video below.
We would love to hear your comments about this card printer. Do you own one? If so, please let us know about the printers strengths and weaknesses below.
The Fargo DTC4500 ID card printer is a high volume single side or dual sided versatile printer from HID Global. This printer has built in USB and ethernet connectivity as well as optional encoding ranging from magentic stripes to various smart card encoding. A look at this printer can be found in HID’s new video:
Do you have a Fargo DTC4500 id card printer system? If so, we would love to hear what you think about it. Please let us know below.
Greg Stephens, owner of Safe-Card ID, demonstrates how to manually clean the Evolis Dualys plastic card printer in the following video.
Steps for Cleaning the Evolis Dualys:
1. Open the printer lid.
2. Remove the print ribbon.
3. Remove the card hopper.
4. Insert the cleaning card into the card hopper.
5. Move the thickness guage to 40 ml.
6. Return the card hopper back into the printer.
7. Quickly push the power button and let go
8. When the card ejects from the printer, remove the cleaning roller from the back of the printer.
9. Open the cleaning wipe and clean the cleaning roller.
10. Place the cleaning roller back into the printer.
11. Prepare the head cleaning wipe and gently wipe the printhead.
12. Replace your print ribbon.
13. Close the printer lid.
Once the steps above are completed, your Evolis Dualys is clean and you should be ready to print.
Safe-Card ID is an authorized dealer for Evolis card printing products. Feel free to contact us for additional information about ID card printing.
HID Global, a leading manufacturer of ID card printers and security products provides a over the edge printer that exceeds the standards of the majority of ID card printers on the market. The following video illustrates the features of this rugged printer.
The printer shown is available in single and dual sided options. Other options include high security elements such as standard and custom holograms for a single side or both sides of the printer, mag stripe encoding, smart card encoding and more.
If you have specific questions about how this Fargo card printer can meet your organizational requirements, please contact our ID card experts at 888-485-4696. We would be happy to provide information about the Fargo HDP5000 to ensure you receive the correct printer system for your upcoming ID card program.
Our technical area is busy with different questions our customers have about printers and how customers can get the most efficient operation from them. One popular question about the Evolis brand printers is about the printhead removal and replacement. The following video was prepared to demonstrate how to remove a printhead from the Evolis Pebble printer and then replace it wil a different printhead.
1. Remove the hopper.
2. Open the top cover.
3. Push the support mechanism in to release the printhead.
4. Slide the printhead up and over the metal holder.
5. Unplug the wire harness.
6. Reverse the steps to put the new printhead into place.
Once the above steps are completed, the printer is ready for use.
If you need information about the Evolis printer brand, please contact our ID card experts at 888-485-4696.
The Safe-Card ID video team completed another instructional video to help Evolis printer owners know how to correctly change a printer ribbon in an Evolis Pebble and Evolis Dualys printer. Follow the steps below and you will be set to print.
Changing a print ribbon:
1. Open the printer cover.
2. Remove the ribbon from the packaging.
3. Lay the ribbon as indicated on the instruction panel in the printer, making sure that the ribbon runs over the top of the two spools.
4. Close the lid.
5. The printer will cycle through to start printing on the right panel.
If you need information about PVC card printing system, contact our experts at 888-485-4696. We would love to hear from you.
Know someone who could use these tips? Feel free to share with options below.
In April of 2012, Safe-Card ID is adding litho grade PVC cards as a lower priced option in our PVC cardstock lineup. The PVC cards are the same size and thickness of traditional ID cardstock. 3.375″ x 2.125″ or 85.6 mm x 54 mm. The cards are 30 ml thick which is the same thickness as a standard credit card.
These cards will run through card printers as any 30 mil image grade cards. These cards, however, are not inspected in the same way as our standard grade cards. Almosst all of the cards are perfect graphic quality, but the fallout rate may be little higher than industry standard as the cards are not 100% inspected prior to release. There may be an occasional scratch or flaw on some of the cards found in the package.
Our ID card specialists would be happy to speak with you by phone or live chat about your card project and whether this cardstock would meet your card printing needs. Feel free to contact them at 888-485-4696.